Friday, June 3, 2011

Of being concerns

The whole office were talking about Lynas the other day, and I was so ignorant thinking it might not be executed due to the objections of people when in fact, it was almost 80% done and was scheduled to start this September!

Oh, why only now they tell us?
Why kept it in such a secrecy when it involved the lives of people for now and also for the next hundred years?

I dont buy your bullshits saying the radiation is too low to notice when even Australia itself dont allow Lynas (an Australian company)to operate over there?
Why other countries rejected the idea and Malaysia,specifically Pahang like so generously took up the offer?
Isnt it enough to have the tallest, shortest, prettiest or whatever adjectives to describe Malaysia that you need to have the biggest rare earth plant too?
And why Gebeng,where the plantation was just 2km away from the housing area? Japan built theirs like 40km away, dont tel me Malaysians know better!
And 1km away from ILP where Shukor once studied.

What would happen to us?
Will my babies get affected?
What would happen to all the seafoods I enjoyed most in Kuantan?
What about the air?
What would happen to the land property which i heard had dropped pretty bad?

I read somewhere that Malaysia had actually built a rare earth plant at Bukit Merah in 1980s but was closed down due to the hike of numbers of cancer cases in that area, and even now the cleaning up process that costed 30million had not finished. Many birth defects occured and the rates of children who suffered frm leukimia was 35times higher.

....But still I'd like to put my hope high.
I hope this is just some political games from the opponents.
I hope I can trust the radiation released is not affecting people, at all.
I hope my worries or concerns are baseless due to my lack of knowledge.

I hope you people, the decision-maker,have thought this thoroughly, and not even once in your heart would regret the action you made in years later.

And yes, I hope this is not about scratching your itchy palms!!

No comments: